Beginning Ubuntu Server Administration guides you through all of the key configuration and administration tasks you’ll need to know.
Whether you’re interested in adopting Ubuntu within a Fortune 500 environment or just want to use Ubuntu to manage your home network, this book is your go–to guide to using the distribution securely for a wide variety of network services.
This book covers
- file, print, web, and FTP management
- command–line tips and tricks
- automated installation
- configuration and deployment processes
- kernel management
What you will learn
- Effectively and securely install, update, and deploy your Ubuntu server.
- Configure your server to operate most effectively for a wide variety of purposes, including as a web server, FTP server, and a file and printer manager.
- Rev up your command–line knowledge by taking advantage of little–known shell–related features, tips, and tricks.
- Remotely manage your server through a wide variety of services
Who is this book for?
This book ‘Beginning Ubuntu Server Administration is for system administrators and application developers seeking to use Ubuntu as a Linux server.