Disclosure: links to my video training products are affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase I receive a commission – at no extra cost to you.
Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons
Intermediate/ experienced Linux Administrators
What you will learn
- Set up Kubernetes for container orchestration
- Use Docker within a Kubernetes environment
- Set up a lab, use Minikube, and work with kubectl
- Deploy applications in Kubernetes
- Use pods, replica sets, and labels
- Scale deployments up and down
- Work with networking in a Kubernetes environment
- Store data in Kubernetes with persistent and non-persistent volumes
- Leverage different architectures for optimal production environments
- Set up Kubernetes in different public cloud environments
- Use kubeadm to create physical Kubernetes clusters
- Get information from the API
- Who Should Take This Course
- IT Staff (administrators and devops) who want to offer containerized applications to their users.
This course is for you if you are
- A Linux professional who wants to start working with Kubernetes, the standard for container orchestration.
You will get the best results if
- You are an intermediate/experienced Linux administrator.
- You have at least one physical machine with 4GB of RAM or more to use as the Kubernetes host.
- Lesson 1 “Understanding Container Orchestration” will cover containers and Kubernetes.
- Lesson 2 “Working with Containers,” will tackle Docker basics, including how to start a container, as well as how to manage it. Docker networking and Docker storage will also be discussed.
- Lesson 3 “Setting up a Lab Environment” we will walk through the setup of a lab environment.
- Lesson 4 “Using Kubernetes Components,” will delve into the different Kubernetes components. Starting with the Pod and working up from there.
- Lesson 5 “Scaling and Upgrades” some of the most important properties will be explained.
- Lesson 6 “Kubernetes Networking”. In this lesson, the organization of networking in a Kubernetes environment will be detailed, including the three different layers of networking.
- Lesson 7 “Accessing Pods,” discusses the different ways to make pods accessible, including the Kubernetes Proxy, port forwarding, services, and Ingress.
- Lesson 8 “Using Volumes”. This lesson explains how to store data in a Kubernetes environment.
- Lesson 9 “Setting up Kubernetes for Production,” will start with an explanation of the different architecture options, and move on to the setup of Kubernetes in different public cloud environments.
- Lesson 10 “Exploring the API,” a detailed discussion of what the API is, and how to get information out of the API beyond using the kubectl command line utility.
For a detailed outline of this course, visit this page.
Sample training videos
To get an idea about the video lessons, visit this page.
About this Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons Video Course
This course is part of LiveLessons Video Training series on Pearson InformIT.com.
Your purchase and delivery of the course is processed and available via Pearson InformIT.
If you are purchasing training and your organization requires a Purchase Order (PO), please send your request to [email protected].
This course is delivered by Pearson InformIT. By clicking the link below you will be redirected to the course page for more information and payment.BUY THIS COURSE