Disclosure: links to my video training products are affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase I receive a commission – at no extra cost to you.
Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons, 2nd Edition
Intermediate/ experienced Linux Administrators
What you will learn
- Set up Kubernetes for container orchestration
- Use Docker within a Kubernetes environment
- Set up a lab, and use Minikube
- Work with kubectl and YAML files
- Deploy applications in Kubernetes
- Use pods, replica sets, and labels
- Manage Namespaces and deployments
- Scale deployments up and down
- Work with networking in a Kubernetes environment
- Network within a pod, and work with ingress
- Store data in Kubernetes with persistent and non-persistent volumes
- Understand dynamic provisioning
- Work with secrets and configmaps
- Work with Helm charts and other tools to manage Kubernetes in the enterprise
- Set up Kubernetes in different public cloud environments
- Build an on-premise Kubernetes cluster
- Get information from the API
- Learn to troubleshoot Kubernetes
This course is for you if you are
- A Linux professional who wants to start working with Kubernetes, the standard for container orchestration.
- An IT administrator or devops professional who want to offer containerized applications to their users.
You will get the best results if
- You are an intermediate/experienced Linux administrator.
- You have at least one physical machine with 4GB of RAM or more to use as the Kubernetes host.
- Lesson 1 “Understanding Kubernetes” will give a brief overview of containers, as well as explains the requirements for working with containers in a corporate environment.
- Lesson 2 “Container Fundamentals” will explore containers, which is required before learning how to manage containers in a Kubernetes environment.
- Lesson 3 “Installing Kubernetes” covers the various Kubernetes installation options, and installing Kubernetes using Minikube is demonstrated.
- Lesson 4 “Discovering Kubernetes” will delve into the dashboard and working with kubectl.
- Lesson 5 “Managing Kubernetes Applications” is about managing applications in Kubernetes.
- Lesson 6 “Exposing Applications” starts with a generic overview of Kubernetes networking, and then goes on to Pod networking.
- Lesson 7 “Configuring Storage” is about Pod volumes, decoupling storage by using Persistent Volumes and Persistent Volume Claims, as well as configuring the Pod to use these. The lesson ends with information about configmaps and secrets.
- Lesson 8 “Managing the Kubernetes API” covers primarily the Kubernetes API, which is where are resources are defined.
- Lesson 9 “Running Kubernetes in the Enterprise” demonstrates getting started with Kubernetes in Google Cloud, Amazon, and Azure, as well as how to build your own on-premise cluster using kubeadm.
- Lesson 10 “Managing Kubernetes in the Enterprise” focuses on Kubernetes features that make sense in production environments.
- Lesson 11 “Troubleshooting Kubernetes” covers the different areas of troubleshooting, starting with troubleshooting of applications that are running in Pods. Next, troubleshooting Pods and other Kubernetes objects are discussed. And you will learn about cluster-specific problems, as well as authentication and authorization issues.
For a detailed outline of this course, visit this page.
Sample training videos
To get an idea about the video lessons, visit this page.
About this Getting Started with Kubernetes LiveLessons Video Course, 2nd edition
This course is part of LiveLessons Video Training series on Pearson InformIT.com.
Your purchase and delivery of the course is processed and available via Pearson InformIT.
If you are purchasing training and your organization requires a Purchase Order (PO), please send your request to [email protected].
This course is delivered by Pearson InformIT. By clicking the link below you will be redirected to the course page for more information and payment.BUY THIS COURSE