Linux on Azure LiveLessons: Deploying and Managing Linux on Azure
What you will learn
- Get started with Azure.
- How to manage Linux in an Azure environment.
- How to handle typical Linux management tasks.
- Manage containers and Azure-specific tools that are available for managing containers as well as virtual machines.
- How to configure management, including tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, and Salt, as well as the Azure Resource Manager.
- How to troubleshoot in Azure, as well as monitor resources through Nagios and Zabbix.
This course is for you if you are
- A professional working for Microsoft and the Microsoft partner channels.
- A Microsoft professional who need to deploy, manage, and monitor Linux in an Azure environment.
- A Linux professional who want to extend their skills to managing Linux in an Azure environment.
- This title can be used as a secondary resource to study for the Microsoft MCSA Linux on Azure certificate.
You will get the best results if
- You have working experience as an IT professional.
- Lesson 1 introduces what is required to get started with Linux on Azure and the Linux operating system. Create an Azure account and interact with Azure, using the different interfaces.
- Lesson 2 demonstrates some of the more advanced Linux administration tasks.
Learn how common tasks might have to be performed in a different way while managing Linux on Azure.
- Lesson 3 is about managing containers in an Azure environment with an introduction to containers and its components.
Learn what Docker is and how to install it, about storage and networking in a Docker environment, and how Docker can be integrated in an Azure environment.
- Lesson 4 shows options for managing Linux in Azure cloud, focusing on the different components that exist in an Azure environment for managing Linux.
Work with VM images, Azure VM agent, and Azure VM extensions.
- Lesson 5 demonstrates configuration management tools in an Azure environment.
Learn about DevOps, infrastructure as a code, and how these can be used in an Azure cloud environment.
- Lesson 6 shows how Puppet can be used as a configuration management tool.
Learn about Puppet architecture and components, how to install Puppet and manage configurations using Puppet, and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
- Lesson 7 demonstrates how Ansible can be used as a configuration management tool.
Learn how to install Ansible, manage configurations using Ansible, and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
- Lesson 8 introduces how Chef can be used as a configuration management tool.
Learn how to install Chef, manage configurations using Chef, and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
- Lesson 9 shows how Salt can be used as a configuration management tool.
Install Salt and manage configurations using Salt and how it can be used in an Azure environment.
- Lesson 10 is about troubleshooting Linux in an Azure environment and focuses on some of the common strategies to troubleshoot Linux when used in Azure.
Work with some of the tools that are provided for this purpose by Azure and get to know some of the most common Linux troubleshooting tools that are available.
- Lesson 11 introduces the Nagios monitoring system.
Learn which components are involved when working with Nagios, how to set it up for monitoring, and how to use it to actually monitor nodes using Nagios.
- Lesson 12 introduces Zabbix and shows how Zabbix is used to monitor devices in your environment.
This lesson explains its components, how to install it, and how you can use it to monitor assets in the Azure cloud.
For a detailed outline of this course, visit this page.
Sample training videos
A Complete Video Course Experience will be available soon.
About this Deploying Linux on Azure Video Course
This course is part of LiveLessons Video Training series on InformIT.com.
Your purchase and delivery of the course is processed and available via Pearson InformIT.
If you are purchasing training and your organization requires a Purchase Order (PO), please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is delivered by Pearson InformIT. By clicking the link below you will be redirected to the course page for more information and payment.BUY THIS COURSE