IMPORTANT!: the RHCSA EX200 exam recently has been updated. Containers and Shell scripting are newly added exam topics, which are not yet covered in this cert guide. Customers of this (e)book will get first access to materials through their account on pearsonitcertification.com when this becomes available (expected release: beginning of December 2020). If the release of this update is not in time for your scheduled exam, you can use one of these training resources.
- Basic system management: Installation, tools, file management, text files, RHEL8 connections, user/group management, permissions, and network configuration.
- Operating running systems: Managing software, processes, storage, and advanced storage; working with systemd; scheduling tasks; and configuring logging.
- Advanced system administration: Managing the kernel and boot procedures, essential troubleshooting, bash shell scripting.
- Managing network services: Configuring SSH, firewalls, and time services; managing Apache HTTP services and SE Linux; and accessing network storage.
From start to finish, this guide is organized to help you focus your study time where you need the most help, so you can retain more, and earn higher scores.
This book contains
- An organized test-preparation routine through the use of proven series elements and techniques.
- Exam topic lists which make referencing easy.
- Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks that help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly.
- Review questions help you assess your knowledge.
- A final preparation chapter which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
- A companion website that contains 2 additional practice tests
- 2 Full hours of personal video training from the author’s Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) Complete Video Course, 3rd Edition.
- An exclusive offer for 50% OFF the full RHCSA Complete Video Course.
Who is this book for?
The Red Hat RHCSA 8 Cert Guide EX200 is your guide to get certified for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (EX200).
This guide is an ideal printed complement for those studying with my RHCSA Complete Video Course.
Sample chapter: Managing and Understanding the Boot Procedure
In this sample chapter from Red Hat RHCSA 8 Cert Guide: EX200, you will learn how the boot procedure on Red Hat Enterprise Linux is organized, including getting to understand using Systemd targets to boot your Linux system into a specific state and applying changes to the GRUB 2 boot loader.